1. Support and promote our local farmers and their products, with an emphasis on farmers who are Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
2. Support the products and activities of those who are preserving (or inventing) local and regional traditions in the growing and preparation of food.
3. Present educational programs and events that enhance member and community knowledge about sustainable farming and food production; biodiversity; food traditions; the role of equity, inclusion and justice in farming and food production; and the benefits of eating food that is fresh, seasonal, and locally produced.
4. Create events that take place at table to increase the sense of community among members of the Sonoma County North chapter, members of fellow Sonoma County chapters, and members of the community.
5. Develop and broaden relationships and exchanges with others who share the guiding values of Slow Food, and engage with community projects and organizations that promote food justice and equity in bringing food from farm to table.
6. Develop or engage in projects that reach beyond Sonoma County to foster cultural exchange and support the food production and educational activities of struggling communities in the United States and elsewhere.
P.O. Box 1494 | Healdsburg CA | 95448
Debbi Crapeau, Co-Chair, School Gardens
Mark Crapeau, Treasurer
Carol Diaz, Co-Chair, Communications
Marie Giacalone, Events
Kate Hendricks, Membership, Policy
Lisa Hunter, Secretary
Kathy Matonak, Snail of Approval
Shelley Witten, Events
Marie Giacalone, Chair
AMIDI, Marilee Wingert
Ark of Taste, Elissa Rubin-Mahon
Local Farmer, Lisa Hunter
Bodega Red Potato Presidium, Zureal Bernier
School Gardens, Debbi Crapeau
Snail of Approval, Carol Diaz