- Believe in delicious nutrition as a right for everyday life
- Cultivate joyful connections to community and place
- Advocate for diversity in ecosystems and societies
- Protect natural resources for future generations
- Help people and the environment depend on each other
- Promote food that is local, seasonal, and sustainably grown
- Build local cooperation and global collaboration while respecting all laws
- Require no prerequisite or credential for participation
- Fight for dignity of labor from field to fork
Sonoma County North was founded in 1997, the first of five Slow Food chapters in Sonoma County. Slow Food envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it, and good for the planet. Our approach is based on a concept of food that is defined by three interconnected principles: good, clean, and fair.
Our Mission: We strive to create change in the food system by connecting our community with the people, traditions, plants, animals, soils, and waters that produce our food. We work to transform food policy, production, and market forces to ensure that food is good (quality, flavorsome, and healthy food), clean (production that does not harm the environment), and fair (accessible prices for consumers and fair conditions and pay for producers).
Slow Food CA-Sonoma County North is a chapter of Slow Food USA, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization