good, clean and fair food for all
- Believe in delicious nutrition as a right for everyday life
- Cultivate joyful connections to community and place
- Advocate for diversity in ecosystems and societies
- Protect natural resources for future generations
- Help people and the environment depend on each other
- Promote food that is local, seasonal, and sustainably grown
- Build local cooperation and global collaboration while respecting all laws
- Require no prerequisite or credential for participation
- Fight for dignity of labor from field to fork
Sonoma County North was founded in 1997, the first of five Slow Food chapters in Sonoma County. We believe that food is a common language and universal right, and envision a world in which all people can eat food that is good: for them, for the people who grow it, and for the planet.
Our mission is to reconnect those in our community with the people, traditions, plants, animals, fertile soils, and waters that produce our food. We work to inspire a transformation in food policy, production practices, and market forces so that they ensure equity, sustainability, and pleasure in the food we eat.